Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thyme to kill

I have been bad about posting lately, but have been busy. The other day, as I was stripping my own dried herbs (I know I am nuts, in fact, that thought crossed through my mind as I was doing this), I thought of my favorite recipes for Thyme Scented Almonds from Patricia Wells. What a dream it would be to go to her cooking school in Provence.

While I didn't find a link to the first recipe, I did find Thyme Toasted Almonds that sound really good.

I can't find my recipe for Thyme Scented Almonds, but I believe it is a 2 cups almonds, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 egg white, dried thyme, fresh thyme and 1 tsp. kosher salt. Mix all together but the fresh thyme, spread on a baking sheet, then sprinkle with the fresh thyme. Bake at 325 about 5 minutes, or until you can smell the almonds. Let cool, then break off any of the crust formed by the egg whites. They are so good as an appetizer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We often wonder the same thing about you "she must be crazy!" Just kidding!! You made me laugh out loud :-) -Katie