Friday, September 15, 2006

Why a blog?

OK - after talking nonstop about Costco, I decided to put online all of my goodies. The next best thing would be me shopping with you, but since that isn't possible, this is the next best thing. Most of what I look for is relatively healthy, with a few exceptions as man does not live by low-fat alone.

Check in for reviews of products weekly, plus my favorite recipes, etc.

Here is my pantry:




Filled with Kirkland Olive Oil, Tabasco, Balsamic Vinegar, Seattle Mountain French Roast & Kirkland Vanilla. Pretty much all of the second shelf is diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken noodle soap, mushrooms, tuna, wild salmon, corn, chicken broth, dijon mustard, etc.


The bottom of my fridge is has Kirkland water, pecans, raw almonds and pine nuts. Always put your nuts in the fridge as it keeps them from turning rancid. Especially pine nuts as the bag is so large and they have a shorter shelf life.

My new favorite item! Tassos Double Stuffed Jalapeno/Garlic Olives.


Now some other olives have vinegar in them (esp. the refrigerated ones), but I don't like the flavor. I will use the refrigerated kalamata olives, but I drain before using. I may replace the brine with my own (like I do with the feta, but I am still messing around with the right amounts of brine as I think my first attempt was too salty).

Back to the olives! Garlic is so good for you, and because they are in brine, they don't taste like garlic, but they have a wonderful crunch. The jalapeno gives it just a tiny bite. Wonderful in martinis, on their own or in salads.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Thanks! We like our olives, too.

If your interested you can find out more about Tassos products at tassos.com. We are running a recipe contest and giving away T-shirts, gift baskets, and much much more!