Monday, June 04, 2007

Great Grilling Ideas & more

If your husband is like mine, he loves to grill! Which is great for us, as we don't have to heat up the kitchen when it starts to get warm outside. We love our Tuscany grill from Costco, bought it with the cash back we got from our Costco American Express!

I still refer to Weight Watcher recipes quite often and like the e-mails they send out. You don't have to be a member to access the recipes from the e-mails, which is great. Here are some great grilling ideas and links to recipes. As you can tell, I have started using my linking tool, so click on those.

I also like to refer to Cooking Light, as I mentioned before in an earlier blog. Each of these six easy menus lets you grill once and dine twice, which makes it great for simple and easy dinners.

Eventually, I want to get a grill pan for inside, either a cast iron or this Nordicware cast aluminum reversible griddle.

Of course, the availability of great fruits this time of year is also a bonus. The other night I made a freestanding fruit tart with blueberries, 2lbs. and strawberries, 4lbs. (each $5.99). Super easy, especially if you use either frozen or refrigerated pie crusts. I omitted cream cheese as we didn't have any, but the tart turned out great anyway. Next time, I will do what I just saw in a Rachael Ray mag (my friend loans me hers to read, not like I need anymore magazines in this house), where you melt some apricot jam (I keep the Fischer-Weiser peach jam in the fridge to use for glazes or to make Couscous with Apricot Vinaigrette, last time, I used pine nuts and chives, of course I always have Kirkland raw almonds in the fridge for anything, especially homemade granola)

Real Simple also has some fruit tarts recipes on their Fake It, Don't Make It section. The rustic apple tart always looked good. Sometime this summer, when we have a crowd over, I want to try this Ice Cream Cake. YUM!

OK - let's get out and grill this weekend! Send me your favorite recipes so we can share. :-)

No comments: