Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunch today

Well, I am on week 6 of my 5-month long, 5-day a week work out program and I rock! I am constantly pushing with heavier weights and finding that I can lift them. I figure, the more lean muscle I put on, the faster my metabolism will be.

So the eating has become a little easier, not to say that I don't slip up now and again. For lunch today, I had a large mixed baby greens salad, with 3 0z. of Atlantic salmon that we baked with a basil-walnut topping. Kind of similar to pesto, but no cheese (not allowed on the plan, except for Laughing Cow, 4-pk for $7.99, best deal in town!).

However, I did add a couple of fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings to my salad. Come on, I am only human and what is a salad without some!! Use your vegetable peeler to get nice, wide shavings as you really get to taste the saltiness of the cheese. It comes in big wedges, cut the large wedge into pieces, wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store in a big plastic bag. Use one small wedge at a time. There is really nothing like it, one of those easy upgrades that will make any dish tastes better.

For dressing, I drizzled a tiny bit of a homemade Dijon vinaigrette. Super easy, I got it from a recipes for Arugula & Roasted Cauliflower Salad.

1/3 cup EVO
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. kosher salt

In small bowl combine vinegar, mustard, and salt. Whisk in the 1/3 cup olive oil until combined. Super tangy and wonderful on mixed greens, with some feta or green olives stuffed with garlic and jalapeno. YUM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right. You do rock! We are all proud of you :-)-Katie