Friday, September 14, 2007

New products!

I am happy to report that Costco is now carrying the giant size refill of Method Hand Soap. Their products rock!

While Sweet Water is not my favorite fragrance (I would rather have Green Tea & Aloe), I love the idea that for $7.99, I can get a huge refill bottle of soap that is NOT anti-bacterial. I am anti anti-bacterial!! Now if only Bath and Body Works would make Coconut Lime Verbena in a normal formula...

I am also in need of more laundry soap, and may check out Wintree laundry detergent. Since we have a front-loading washer, I have upgraded to the Tide HE formula and am about to run out. It supposedly makes less suds, etc. However, as a former marketing major and retailer, I am always skeptical, as I know companies want to upsell.

Wintree looks interesting, as it is HE compatible and has natural lavender oils as a fragrance. Mmmmm, I love the smell of lavender. Yes, it is environmentally friendly, blah, blah, blah, which is good, but if I see another magazine article capitalizing on the "green trend"... It has become another way to sell more magazines.

The true question will be how much it costs! I am hoping that the price will be competitive, especially since they don't have the huge advertising costs of Tide, which ultimately get passed onto the consumer.

I may run down to Costco today as I have a cold, which meant no gym today! First rule: thou shalt not work out if sick, if you think you might be getting sick, or if you can't decide whether you are sick or is it just allergies. Oh well, I did enjoy sleeping in until 7:00 this morning! Yeah!

Will keep you posted on my findings...

No comments: