Monday, September 24, 2007

List is growing

OK, I listed items 1-3 last week. Of course, I took out Raggedy Ann to wash her and give her to charity instead of throwing away. I felt guilty, which is probably why we hang onto things much longer than we should, instead of getting rid of them!

Here is what is leaving my house this week:

4. TV - my neighbor said he wanted it after much prodding. I don't think he believed that we wanted to get rid of it. Our rule is one TV in the house and I think the new one exceeds that rule!

5. Some amplifying thingie that the husband has been keeping, just in case we need it. I will see if my neighbor wants it.

6. TV stand - sitting in the game room closet, holding boxed. Once again, I don't think my neighbor believes that we really want it gone.

7. Bathroom rugs - I hate the one with latex on the bottom, as they get weird stains on the latex, that don't come out when you wash them. I feel guilty for throwing them away, worried that I may be contributing to an overflowing landfill somewhere. So there they sit, taking up room in the laundry room.

OK - I think that is it for the beginning of the week. We shall see what else I find as the week progresses.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Costco can be a very convenient way to buy alot of products, but I have an issue with how they do not post the FDA warnings about mercury in seafood. Several stores (including Wild Oats, Safeway, and Whole Foods) voluntarily agreed to post the FDA’s advisories on mercury in seafood and they have had positive responses from customers and no loss in seafood sales.

But other companies like Wal-Mart, Costco, and Giant have refused to do so. At this website you can find a list of which companies care about their customers’ health enough to post this advice, as well as a list of companies that don’t. Happy shopping!