Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Vinegar Testimonial

Here are some comments from my friend about vinegar!

Anyway, I LOVE cleaning with white vinegar. My mom introduced me to it when she came and cleaned when I was on bedrest. Her cleaning lady introduced her to it. She said her 90 yr. old aunt swears by it. I have a spray bottle 1/3 full of vinegar and the rest water. I use it for tons of stuff and it works so well.

I used to swiffer my wood floors and it left an ugly film - but I loved the convenience of it. Now I use vinegar water in my spray bottle and it my floors look great - so shiny and clean - and it is still just as convenient. The vinegar really cuts through dirt and grime and food. I also could never get the hard water buildup off my water thing in the refrigerator - I tried everything. I let the vinegar soak on it a little while and it came right off. Also use it to clean stove top with hard to remove food buildup. I keep finding more and more uses for it - it is super cheap, doesn't smell chemically, I always have it on hand, and does a better job than most of the other cleaners I have used. I do still keep a good disinfectant on hand though for chicken juice, toilets, etc though.

Anyway, as you can see I am very passionate about vinegar ;) If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it!

Note from me: You can buy the super huge 1.32 gallon (5 litres) Heinz white vinegar from Costco for around $4. Buy that and the huge bag of baking soda and you are set for lots of cleaning fun!

Here are 27 more tips for uses for vinegar:
http://www.frugalfun.com/vinegar.html

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I use vinegar for LOTS of cleaning - I love love LOVE IT! I also enjoy putting it in my washing machine when i wash sheets and towels- such a nice clean smell when they come out!