Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Bon Ami & Bar Keepers Friend

I was reading this morning one of my Flylady e-mails about cleaning glass cooktops. They suggested "Bar Keepers Friend" which I had never heard of. It was suggested that it is made by Bon Ami, but I don't think that is the case as I looked up both websites.

However, both products seems to be great and non-toxic. I think Bon Ami is carried most places, not sure about Bar Keepers Friend (it showed Linens & Things carries it). I am looking for something to replace Soft Scrub only because it is expensive and it still doesn't clean the floor of my shower!! Even the 3-pack is still $11. If a can of Bon Ami is less than $2, then I am still saving money. The company that owns them also owns a lot of other brands including Trapp candles! Oh, they are not cheap, but smell wonderful!

www.bonami.com (wonderful website, if you go to the online store, you can see all the products they carry)

www.barkeepersfriend.com (really bad website, but the product seems to be great)

Back to my shower, I thought the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser did the trick last time, but this time, not so much. It is great on shower doors, but perhaps the floor of the shower was too wet. I switched to the Kirkland Signature French Milled Soaps instead of Irish Spring as Irish Spring is blue and therefore my soap scum is blue tinged!! The soaps have natural oils, etc. and while they are a little more expensive, they are white, and have lots of good things for your skin.

3 comments:

kaym said...

You can buy bon ami and bar keepers friend at any grocery store along with cleaning supplies. I have used it for years always have one or both available...it is great on stainless steel cookware (esp. diry bottom of pan) You might even find it at dollar stores...

Anonymous said...

Bar Keepers Friend is a miracle worker on almost anything! You can buy it at Wal-Mart.

Frameless Shower Door said...

All frameless shower doors come in several different styles. Frameless folding shower doors can be single or double action, it is up to you. But if your door is to open in just one direction it is crucial that it swings outward into the bathroom to prevent the user from becoming trapped inside.